Denplan Care is the UK’s leading independent preventative dental care programme. Through modern preventative care provided by us at Wedmore Dental Practice, it is possible to reverse the effects of tooth decay and avoid the need for a filling. Preventative care keeps treatment to a minimum, to see the benefits that Denplan Care can give you at glance click here.
After we have made an initial assessment of the overall health of your mouth, we will calculate your monthly Denplan Care payment. This is based on the condition of your teeth and gums at the time of the assessment. This payment is collected by Denplan normally via a monthly direct debit.
Once your assessment has been made you can look forward to having healthier teeth and gums without the worry of a sudden and unexpected large dental bill.
Keep fit for your teeth
Your monthly payment entitles you to regular consultations, preventative care and advice, along with all the treatment you would expect from a dentist. In addition, you benefit from a supplementary insurance cover, just in case you need dental treatment – wherever you may be in the world.
Perfect partnership between us and you
In addition, the Denplan Care emergency Helpline numbers, give you access to dental assistance (where possible) in the event of an emergency anywhere in the world.
There are also other schemes available which may be more suited to your personal situation:
- Denplan Essentials is a dental plan which helps you budget for your routine preventive dental care
- Seeing your dentist regularly is important as it can help you avoid having to undergo costly, restorative treatments
- The dental plan is easy to set up and no pre-assessment is necessary
- Your dentist will decide how often he wants to see you and how much he will charge you
- You will have to pay for any restorative dental treatment necessary (ie. crowns, bridges or fillings)
- Our Denplan Essentials prices all include optional worldwide dental emergency and injury insurance cover. If you choose not to take out this optional insurance the monthly fee is reduced by 60p
Routine dental care includes:
- Check-ups (up to the maximum detailed in your contract)
- Scaling, polishing and other hygiene treatment (up to the maximum detailed in your Contract)
- Dental x-rays
- Any additional treatment specified as included by the dentist in your contract
- Preventive dental advice
Denplan Essentials does not cover:
- Restorative dental treatments including fillings, crowns, bridges or dentures (at the discretion of your dentist)
- Laboratory fees and prescriptions
- Any treatment excluded by the dentists in your contract which is payable by you to the dentist
- Referral to a specialist and specialist treatment
- Orthodontics, implants, cosmetic treatment
- Sedation fees
Please remember that your routine treatment is at the discretion of the dentist and the contract is with your dentist, not Simplyhealth Professionals.
Denplan for Children
- Denplan for Children is a flexible payment plan which is ideal for making sure your child gets the best possible dental care from an early age.
- The category your child is placed in is based on the condition of their oral health and the amount of treatment they will need.
- The dental plan focuses on preventive care by providing you with an easy and economical way to pay for your child to have regular dental check-ups. This is fundamental if the early signs of tooth decay or abnormalities are to be picked up and treated quickly.
- Our Denplan for Children prices all include optional worldwide dental emergency and injury insurance cover. If you choose not to take out this optional insurance the monthly fee is reduced by 60p
Benefits for your child
- Helps to build long term relationship between your child and their dentist
- Helps your child understand the importance of looking after their teeth
- Ongoing preventive care can help keep your child orally fit
- Your child will benefit from regular dental care
- More time spent with the dentist and other practice professionals can improve the whole experience of visiting the dentist for your child
- Helps your child feel less nervous about seeing the dentist in the future
Benefits for parents/guardian
- Gives you the opportunity to ensure your child receives regular dental care and treatment
- Monthly payments make the plan economical by spreading the cost evenly throughout the year
If you are interested in finding out more about Denplan Schemes, then please ask at reception about the benefits it can bring you.
Benefits of Denplan Care at a glance
- Regular consultations and examinations
- Preventative advice and x-rays
- All necessary treatment, including white fillings (where appropriate)
- Routine and preventative dental care
- Regular hygienist visits
- Major restorative care; crowns, bridges, dentures, inlays, root fillings etc
- Dental accident cover
- Smokers not excluded
- 24 hour emergency Helpline-worldwide
- Oral cancer treatment costs
- Temporary emergency dental treatment
- Hospital cash – for every night spent having treatment by a maxillo-facial surgeon.
If you are interested in finding out more about Denplan Care, then please ask at reception about the benefits it can bring you. For answers to the most regularly asked about Denplan Care questions please click here. Otherwise, make an appointment and we will be happy to discuss Denplan Care in detail.
All information sourced Denplan Ltd (2003) (PREG09 05/03)