It is with a heavy heart that I have to announce that the Chief Dental Officer has, today, announced that all dental practices should not continue seeing patients – we have been advised to operate a telephone triage system.
What this means for you:
- If you have a dental emergency during working hours please call the practice on 01934 713013 to leave a message.
- The answerphone will be checked regularly and I will return your call to discuss how to manage your dental problem.
- I will be able to post or hand-deliver antibiotics and temporary filling packs to your home; payments will be taken over the phone at a later date.
- For dental problems that can’t be managed with antibiotics, you will be referred for treatment at an Urgent Dental Care site. We are waiting to receive information about the location of these sites from NHS England.
- If you have a dental problem outside of working hours, please call the practice; the answerphone message will provide details for the out-of-hours on-call dentist.
- All routine appointments will be postponed; we will be contacting you in the coming weeks to rearrange appointments that are already booked in the diary.
- I will be able to post or hand-deliver stock items including toothbrushes, tepes and whitening gels. If we are going to be in isolation, let’s at least have white teeth!
We hope to be back up and running as soon as possible. In the meantime, look after yourselves and your families. With very best wishes,